Saturday, February 7, 2009

I survived Work Week #2

Week number 2 of a 52 week contract completed....just 50 more weeks to go!
Highlights of the week are as follows:

  • I attended a day long Resume Writing Workshop and discovered that my current Resume is very out dated. Did you know it is considered taboo to use a hotmail account as your contact email address now...gmail is suggested for these parts.
  • I work in a very multi cultural work place and it seems the topic of conversation this week revolved around last names. I was told that most Colombian children are given both their mother and fathers last names at birth. Many people from China only use one name....and their last name often comes from the village they reside in...kind of like Jesus (of Nazareth). My Zambian co-worker told me that in his country the father chooses the first born childs name and it is tradition to have the fathers first name added to the name.
  • Getting to know my co-workers and I am actually really liking them all! This is a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment